Skin Care & Treatments
Healthy, radiant skin is the foundation of a beautiful face. Hormonal changes, environmental factors, sun exposure, or the natural aging process can rob you of the flawless complexion you desire. Skin care treatments can be tailored to all skin types, and patients of any age can see dramatic results. Wilson Plastic Surgery offers a wide range of skin care treatments to target a variety of skin issues including acne, discoloration, scarring, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles. If you are unhappy with the quality of your complexion, it may be time to seek help.
Custom Skin Care Treatments
- Microneedling, or collagen induction therapy, can improve your skin’s texture, treat surface scarring, and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Tiny needles create small holes in the skin, triggering your body’s immune response to produce new collagen and elastin.
- There is no tissue destruction with micro needling, but patients may experience pinpoint bleeding that resolves itself quickly.
- Redness following treatments is common and will subside within a few hours.
- Microneedling is relatively painless, but some patients note a sandpaper sensation during treatment.
- Dermaplane is a non-invasive treatment that utilizes a specially designed blade.
- The blade is gently stroked along the skin at an angle, removing dead skin cells and small, light hairs.
- Dermaplane may be performed as a stand-alone treatment or as an exfoliation prior to another skin care treatment.
- Dermaplane promotes smoother skin, reduces recent acne scars, and improves the appearance of fine lines.
- Results are immediate, and there is no downtime following a dermaplane treatment.
- Dermaplane is not recommended for patients with moderate or severe acne.