The journey toward weight loss involves discipline and commitment. When a person dedicates their time and energy to shed some pounds, they should be proud of their accomplishments, especially when those accomplishments include losing a massive amount of weight. However, there is something they don’t warn you about with weight loss: you can be left with unwanted excess skin. In cases where a large amount of weight is lost in a short period of time, the skin elasticity is not strong enough to retract back to form around the body. This leaves many patients with excess, sagging skin that is unresponsive to diet, exercise, or at-home treatments. This can be frustrating when a person is at their goal weight but doesn’t feel the confidence to show off their results. So, you lost the weight, but what about that extra skin? Body contouring is an ideal option for eliminating excess skin and fat to create a more flattering figure.
Your Body Contouring Options
The goal of body contouring is to remove skin and stubborn fat to reshape the body. Many different procedures can be performed alone or combined to restore the curves and shape of the body. The following are some of your body contouring options:
- Lower body lift: Sagging skin and excess fat can be eliminated from the abdomen, flanks, thighs, back, and buttocks. Excess tissue and skin are trimmed, and the remaining tissues are sculpted to provide a more slender appearance.
- Thigh lift: Dimpling and sagging skin on the inner and outer thighs is corrected. The thighs can be shaped and tightened to look slimmer while complementing the lower legs and the buttocks.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: Fat is harvested from one area of the body, cleaned and purified, and then strategically injected into the buttocks. In comparison to traditional buttock augmentation procedures, the Brazilian Butt Lift can help a patient achieve a larger, more round bottom safely and efficiently.
- Tummy tuck surgery: Loose skin, excess fat, and weak abdominal muscles are corrected by removing unwanted skin, fat, and tissue. Patients can achieve a more defined and youthful abdomen that creates an overall more slender midsection.
- Breast lift surgery: Aging, sagging breasts are lifted into a higher position to create more youthful, feminine curves. Patients often combine breast lift surgery with a breast augmentation if they would like to increase the size or improve the shape of the breasts using saline or silicone breast implants.
- Liposuction: Stubborn fat deposits can be removed from any area of the body. Liposuction is often combined with one or more body lifting procedures to eliminate excess skin and reduce fat cells in problems areas.
If you are at or near your ideal body weight but just have some excess skin or pockets of fat to target, body contouring may be the right option for you. Dr. Wilson, board-certified plastic surgeon, can evaluate your body and goals to help you decide if you are a good candidate for body contouring. Schedule your consultation today! Contact us by calling (256) 551-2002 or by filling out our online contact form.