Skincare and beauty have always been considered by many as women’s departments. Popular culture has reinforced the idea that women should look their best at all times while it is more acceptable for men to be disheveled. However, as times change, so does the social criteria. A man who pays attention to his appearance and cares about fashion, generally termed metrosexual, has only recently become common. An influx of males undergoing plastic surgery is starting to show that perhaps metrosexual is becoming the norm.
Men Care About How They Look!
According to the Smart Beauty Guide, there has been a 121 percent increase in male plastic surgery procedures since 1997. The number of men looking into skincare options has also spiked. Men accounted for 47 percent of the health and beauty products used in 2011, and 19 percent of men admitted to using their partner’s facial care products. Men are caring about their appearance and want to find a solution that helps them look and feel better about themselves. So what are men opting for to achieve a younger, more flattering look?
- Eyelid surgery: Excess skin and fatty tissue are repositioned or removed from the upper and/or lower eyelids to rejuvenate the eyes and provide a more charming demeanor.
- Rhinoplasty: The internal nasal structures are reshaped and redefined to correct a nose that is overly large or too small, a nose that is too wide or too narrow, or nostrils that are large or misshapen.
- Facelift surgery: Sagging tissues are lifted and excess skin is removed to rejuvenate the mid and lower face. To smooth fine lines and wrinkles, the remaining skin is tightened and redraped over the face.
- Male breast reduction: Excess glandular tissue and sagging breast skin are removed to correct female-like breasts (gynecomastia) on men through the use of excision or liposuction.
- Liposuction: Stubborn excess fat is removed with the use of suction technology. Dr. Wilson uses VASERlipo® ultrasound technology to allow for easier fat removal and to provide well-defined results.
- Tummy tuck surgery: Loose, sagging skin on the abdomen is removed and weak abdominal muscles are tightened to provide a firmer, better-contoured midsection. Tummy tuck surgery is a common procedure among massive weight-loss patients and women post-pregnancy.
Depending on man’s anatomy and cosmetic goals, he may choose to undergo a combination of procedures to enhance his facial and body appearance.
If you are a man interested in plastic surgery, schedule a consultation with Dr. Wilson today! He is an experienced plastic surgeon who offers the latest technologies and procedures to help his male patients achieve natural-looking results. Contact us by calling (256) 551-2002 or by filling out our online contact form.