Almost everywhere we turn there are several fad diets and gym memberships being pushed on us. Losing weight is something that a lot of people want, and they work hard to achieve results. A healthy, slender body is often the goal when a person starts to diet and exercise. With a strong commitment to their weight-loss goals, most people can achieve their ideal body size.
Weight Loss Can Age Your Appearance
Losing a significant amount of weight will help a person reduce their body mass. However, when a person loses volume in their face or body, their skin might not have enough elasticity to shrink with the body or facial tissues, which may cause the skin to sag. The face can develop unwanted signs of aging while the body can be left with loose, hanging skin that isn’t responsive to diet and exercise. That’s right! What they don’t tell you about weight loss is that it can age you!
After you have achieved your body and weight goals, you may have lost a significant amount of facial volume and may be left with creases in your skin. Sagging skin can result in prominent jowls and marionette lines around the mouth that create an aged appearance.
At-home creams and other remedies that promise to fight off facial aging often cannot correct the loss of facial volume and excess, hanging skin. To restore facial volume, you can take advantage of some of the facial fillers we offer at Wilson Plastic Surgery.
Facial Filler Treatments
- JUVÉDERM®: This filler is made of hyaluronic acid and works by adding volume to areas of the face to lift the cheeks and smooth parentheses lines around the mouth.
- Restylane®: This hyaluronic acid filler is injected into the facial skin to target moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as lines from the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- RADIESSE®: Comprised of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA), this filler is used to plump the skin by stimulating the body’s own collagen to replenish facial volume.
Another downside to weight loss is that the skin throughout the body can sag and create an unattractive appearance. It can make a person feel uncomfortable about how their body looks and also make it difficult to wear certain clothing. We offer several body lift procedures designed to target excess, hanging skin and create more natural, defined contours.
Body Contouring Procedures
- Lower body lift: Targets the abdomen, flanks, and back by removing excess tissue from the torso and tightening loose abdominal muscles to create more attractive curves of the body.
- Thigh lift: Eliminates excess fat and skin from the thighs, resulting in the diminished appearance of dimples and sagging skin. This procedure can also improve the contours of the buttocks.
- Tummy tuck: Removes loose, sagging skin from the midsection and tightens the muscles in the abdominal region.
If you have recently undergone weight loss and have lost facial volume or have excess, hanging skin on your body, schedule a consultation with Dr. Patrick Wilson today! He is a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon who has the skills and talents to help you achieve a more youthful appearance. To schedule your consultation, contact us by calling (256) 551-2002 or by filling out our online contact form.